Saturday, January 14, 2012

An Ode...



An Ode to the Pioneer Woman!


So, many of my girlfriends are big fans of the now very-popular Pioneer Woman, her awesome, yummy recipes and very literal step-by-step pictures.  And, so while I don't have a fancy-schmancy camera (or have time to play with the manual settings on my camera to make the pictures look a bit like hers), I thought I'd pay homage to her by taking a few step-by-step pictures of my own and have fun with it.


My sister found a really delicious recipe for meatballs, originally made with pork, but she switched it out for ground chicken.  We had them for Christmas and then I tried them on my own and they were just as good!  As much as both of would probably love to say we came up with the recipe on our own, I always say that part of being a good cook is recognizing a good recipe!  So, kuddos to (my sister) Karen!


And, while I won't write all the details that P.W. writes, I hope you'll still appreciate the humor of some of it. Enjoy!






An apple


Peeled and cored apples

1/2 of an onion peeled and cut

Breadcrumbs

Ground chicken

An egg
Are you seeing a common thread? :)  

More ingredients

A Kitchen Aid mixer with a shredder/grater attachment.
Btw, it definitely worked, but I think a hand grater might have had thinner shreds.

Apple and onion through the grater

Now the apples and onions in a bowl

The same egg - cracked

Greased pan

All the ingredients

All the ingredients mixed
And, so the best part?  I balled up the meat mixture and cooked them off and enjoyed them SOO much, I forgot to take a picture of the final product!  AFTER ALL THAT!  Ha!  I'm such a dork, but I gotta tell you, they were TASTY!


With love (and adoration for our favorite Pioneer Woman), 
Pioneer Mama  :)


(hoping to upload all the holiday pictures next and 'retro-date' them so they'll be posted below this entry...)

4 comments:

  1. So does the pw leave out measurements and cooking time and temp too. All vey portent info for someone who adores your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she does sometimes! Karen told me she forgets to take the final pictures, too, because she eats them too quickly! :) Honestly, I don't have time to watch her show or read her blog...I just hear how awesome she is from everyone else...AND, I've tried a couple of her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, but I can't make them without them. Care to share?

    ReplyDelete