Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quick Thought...

I should already be asleep, but I am sitting in bed looking at a MASSIVE binder I need to dive in to for a class I'm taking.  My house - atrocious...feel like for every 5 minutes worth of cleaning or picking up I'm doing, 10 more minutes of chaos ensues...either by an active, curious toddler tearing into things, or by trying to "do it all," like trying to be the healthiest and wisest with money and cook the meal for us to enjoy, rather than eating out.  Yet, the pile of dishes, pots, microwaveable plastic plates, sippy cups, washcloths, bibs...it all just piles up and MULTIPLIES! I'm just not enough of a person to keep up with it all.  (I think I need to be an octopus!  And even then, have my 8 limbs be detachable so that I can conquer the projects all at once!  Boy, is that a visual or what?!)  


So, as discouraging as it gets, and as embarrassed as I would be for just about any of you to walk into my house at any moment these days,...on SOME days - rather some moments (like right now when I'm too tired to care! :] ) - I have a good, healthy perspective.  It doesn't last long :], but since I just had "a moment," I thought I'd share it.  I was just emailing a new friend of mine when said, "I suppose life is not measured by how much or how often I clean up the mess, but by how much fun I have while making the mess, right?"  Right?  And, so, on these good moments, I will relish in the fact that I have worked hard to well, frankly, work hard (!), but also enjoy spontaneous chats with my friends and neighbors, walks to the park and around town with EJ, and just "being" present with her as much as possible while I try to manage the chaos of it all.  


May I continue to stay focused on the laughter and the joy that I want to instill in this house, in my little family-of-two, and in friendships that EJ and I both enjoy and are blessed to have....  If you are a friend, come over, come in and join in the chaos - and smile and laugh with us!    

No comments:

Post a Comment