Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hiking Fun!


My favorite hiking group headed out to my favorite trail thus far in MO - the Lewis and Clark trail.  It was gorgeous last year and just as gorgeous this year, and with glorious 70 degree temps!  We had a great time, and are headed back again (hopefully for the long trail) in mid-Nov.  Anyone is welcome to join us!  Conversations 'on the trail' are one of my favorite things in life these days!

I made these a little bigger than normal so that you can see some of the details in the landscape.  Made me wish I had a fancy-shmancy camera along for the hike! :)


My favorite picture of the day.

My second favorite picture of the day.


This is my friend Katie - we share rides (and breakfasts-in-the-car) together and have been on almost all the same hikes.
And, no, I'm not pregnant - I'm bundled up because we started early in the morning...I guess my vest underneath was pooching out a bit!  :( 
At first, the arrows confused us between the two signs, but then we got it.  :)  We did the Clark trail on Sat, which is 5.3 miles.  The Lewis trail is just at 8.2 miles.   


LOVE hiking through the woods!  My favorite way to hike.  Now, if only we could summit at the top of a 360-degree mountain, like in the Adirondacks, THAT would rock!

Our hiking crew on this day, except for Audrey, our fearless organizer and picture-taker.
Fun at a stopping/picture point.

2 comments:

  1. I love being a part of your favorite hiking group! Your not such a great fancy schmanzy camera takes good photos!
    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair is getting so long since the last time I saw you! :-) Hey friend, loved seeing the pics! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete