Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another Fun Weekend - Boo!

We had another busy, but FUN weekend!  We spent our morning with our fun friends, CJ, Mary, and "N," going to Boo at the Zoo!  They passed out candy to our little kiddos and we walked around and saw some great other costumes.


Then, EJ and I baked a cake in the afternoon, and I tried to carve the second pumpkin of the season (story/pics below), and then we headed out to a carnival for the evening with our neighbors.  Didn't get pictures of all of that, but clearly, it was a jam-packed day!  



On Sunday afternoon, we enjoyed ourselves at Heidi's house at their "harvest party," full of kids rolling down hills and playing with each other, and yummy food.  






In her kitty costume that she got to borrow from her cousins.  

Of course, the hood was NOT going to remain on, but the pigtails were in place for a little while. :)

N was NOT having her tiger / Tigger outfit, so as you'll see below, it took 2 of us to strip my kiddo of her kitty outfit and force it onto N! 

N is clearly NOT happy.  Her mommy and I can't help but laugh.  

The "new" little tiger (EJ!) is off and running!

Mommy caught herself a tiger!

"Come on, little kitty!  This is fun!  Here, I'll give you a hug," says EJ.

A prowling tiger looking at the "sebras" (translation: zebras)

Lil' tiger, Big bear!

CJ with two wild kitties!  :)
We were watching the sea lion show.  It was fun!

Bye, bye, little tiger...

One word: precious.

"Ahhhhh!!!  I'm sitting on a giant pumpkin!"



Later that afternoon....
Mommy let her stir the cake batter.  :)
If I get the short video uploaded, it's pretty cute!

"Duh, Mommy, I'm all over this!  This was easy!  I'm a big girl!  What's next?!"


A cute 30 seconds: click here
  

SO, the stencil LOOKS like Elmo...and it's rated EASY.  Clearly, I'm not that skilled on carving "easy" pumpkin cutouts.  :(

"What's the blue thing inside the pumpkin," you may ask?  Ahh...that was a plastic kid spoon holding Elmo's face together after his nose and mouth broke off from his eyes.  (And then, I tried to hot glue gun it back together!  Yup...I still chuckle at myself for all of it.  I think it's pretty funny...so is the amount of time I spent trying to cut the dang thing out!)

I should have just PAINTED his face on the pumpkin and called it a day.   :(
I tried EJ, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment