Saturday, November 19, 2011

Made Me Laugh :)

So, I came across the below cartoon, and it made me laugh!  Look at her overwhelmed, exhausted expression.  My bedroom is the place these days where I am usually frantically taking off clothes and throwing on other ones to run off to the next activity...and then to crash, so exhausted from (seemingly) everyday's chaos. And, with a kiddo who gets into everything in just moments, I don't have the luxury to calmly put things (that I've only worn to, say, run to the store or something) away, fold them up all nice and tidy, as I'd like.  So, it always starts with throwing the sweatshirt off, or changing from jeans to workout clothes "for just an hour," and thinking, "I'll just put these away once EJ is down and before I get ready for bed."  Alas, it never happens, and I SOO understand (and appreciate!) this girl's look on her face!  ...and then, I appreciate her resolution...my exact one!  


Just climb underneath and go to sleep.



So, I decided to be an ULTRA nerd (and play around with some of the tools on Word for what was supposed to be 5 minutes) and decided to draw you an aerial view of my bed.  Keep in mind, I have a Cal-King bed, rotated 90 degrees, so I technically sleep on it the "skinny" way and it's an ultra "wide" bed because it was meant to be an ultra long bed.  That means there is just more width to stash stuff I can't get to.  So, I literally sleep on the 1/3 (or on the CRAZY weeks: 1/4) of the bed that's left after the ever-growing pile of clothes, EJ's books, sometimes her blanket (for snuggle time!) and stuffed animals occasionally, and then sometimes my laptop/papers when I just can't handle sitting at my desk for another minute.  Here's my depiction of my bed, inspired by the overwhelmed but practical girl above!!  :)




And, yes, to those who have asked: EJ picture updates to come soon...well, once I find my camera under the pile of clothes on my bed!  :)

1 comment: