Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Sweet Valentine



On her way to her Valentine's Day party at daycare on Monday, so of course we had to dress a little festively!  This was the first week I put ribbons in her hair for her pigtails...I was smitten!  No wonder all my kid pictures have me in pigtails, too!  (If only they looked this cute on us when we're in our 30's!)
Look at this giant smile!  

Caught my lil' kiddo...sitting on her blanket, on the floor with her snacks, in her 'big girl pants' (undies! no diapers!), "reading" a book.  Gosh, she's getting so big...

This is the "ah oh" face!



Valentine's Day Date!
We headed out to Maggie Moo's...one of mommy's favorite ice cream places, and we needed to sit inside because it was chilly and rainy.  We had fun, though, and my kiddo really enjoyed her ice cream (and actually did a pretty good job keeping clean with it all!  Ahh!)
Mommy picked strawberry since she has seemed to outgrow her strawberry allergy recently (yay!), because she really likes strawberry flavors, and because it was PINK for Valentine's Day (and us girls!).

I stuck with the food love of my life: CHOCOLATE




Showing me her super long tongue...seems abnormally long, perhaps because she had to get it 'clipped' as an infant, but she always loves to stick it out and show us

Love this smile

Randomness
On our way to ice cream, we found a SNOWMAN, which EJ was so excited about.  It had only snowed about an inch the day before, but some resourceful kids managed to scrape up enough snow to make about a 6 foot snowman!  I love that the grass is completely barren around the snowman.  Of course, we had to drive the same way back home so we could wave to the snowman.


Sooo glad there weren't blogs when we were kids...  :)

So, the potty training adventure has begun!  And, EJ has been pretty good with it all.  I think I've learned (as with many parenting things) that it's probably just as much a shift of thinking for ME as it is for her.  For many months now, I have been enjoying knowing that I could just leave the house with just me and EJ for several hours, and know that the diaper would last...or that I could just keep some diapers and wipes in the car, for emergencies.  Now, I'm back to bringing along a bag of spare things in case of emergencies, which are much more urgent than a soiled diaper!  :)  

So, we've also been working on her learning how to pull up her pants...I didn't think she'd embraced it quiet so fast...  See below.  :)
She did it all by herself...pulls those undies right up OVER the pants!

...still exploring the house with things on a little backwards...


No comments:

Post a Comment