Sunday, April 1, 2012

March Fun-ness

Updates from March!






My dear, wonderful friend, Heidi (2 over from me)...surprise breakfast for her birthday!  Not only are we both "Marchies," (yup, just made that up for us March bday-ers), but we both pulled out hair halfway back and look (!), we both tied our scarves the same way! :)  Heidi wouldn't be caught dead in pink, though, so that's where the similarities end.






We headed back to the Magic House for another visit before this year's membership runs out.  

Even though I had to take the pic through a glass window, this kiddo loves to pretend to drive (wonder if she'll enjoy driving fast like her momma?) and I think I just liked this pic because I had her hair pulled back out of her face, and she looks like a big kid to me.  :/ 
"Here, Mommy.  Want some ice cream?"  She was sharing with other kids and parents that walked by the stand. :)  LOVE sharing-ness!

They have a pretty great pretend grocery store there...I have a short video that I need to get uploaded, right before my camera died.

Christmas, Part 2
Tried to get an aerial view of what it looked like after EJ dove into unwrapping a package o' stuff we were sent.  Mayhem!  
Those big, sweet eyes don't fool me!  Nor do those same eyes help clean up the mess!



Fun with a friend!  "Girl talk" already going on in her bed!  Uh oh....



Mommy's Bday
We had a relatively quiet day...went to the park and then went over to some friends' house for dinner....
Isn't she cool?

So, this isn't the actual book she was reading from when the following happened, but it reminded me.  The day before, we were driving and she had a book with LOWERCASE letters (she's pretty much got the uppercase letters all down, and I'm slowly working on adding in "little a's, little b's, etc.").  I asked her what animal was in the book and she turned the book so I could see it.  On a whim, I said, "Oh, that's a fox.  Can you spell it?"  So, she pointed out the letters as I watched in the mirror: F - O - X.  I said, "Yes!  That spells fox! Let's do another one."  The next one was cat, but a lowercase "A" is different than the uppercase.  She echoed me, though, and we spelled cat together.  The next day (my bday and day of this picture), she gets in the car, opens up the book, points to each letter and says, "F-O-X, spells FOX.  C-A-T spells cat.  H-I-P-P-O spells hippo!"  I was ecstatic!  How delightfully F-U-N!  She tried MONKEY, too, but the lowercase N tripped her up. :)  It was amazing to hear though, and she's really trying to spell all kinds of words all of the sudden.

Back to our sunny, 75-degree, Mommy's birthday day.
Since it wouldn't be cool for me to be in pink overalls and pigtails, I thought I'd dress up my daughter like it!  What 2 year old doesn't look cute like this!?

At one of newer favorite parks (it's completely fenced in!), there is a circle of landscaping stones in the middle.  I took the opportunity to practice our numbers with the chalk I brought...she held my hand as we went around the circle and did numbers up to 20...with the left over blocks, I wrote out I LOVE YOU...both for her, and because what momma doesn't need to be told that on her birthday?  :) 





Done with thinkin'...back to playin'....



Later that day...
Fun swingin' on a tree with our friends! 
Love this face, of course.  :)

There is so much going on in this picture...I feel like it could be a Hallmark card or somethin'!

Flowers from friends...notice anything extra in the top left corner of this picture?
I have such a girlie cat! 
Fun flower arrangement, huh?

Just this morning....
Two pals...just hangin' out.  To those who are cat owners, it may look like my cat, Symba, was trying to play or swat at something....
No, he was sleeping...and to prove it....

See?  Eyes closed.  Knocked out.
(Cats lead SUCH tough lives, don't they?)

I'm so not a "foot person," but I love my kiddos feet, and that there is always something going on with them...you can see her thinking sometimes if you watch her feet!  :)

OK, not 100% 'crisp,' but not too bad with a point-and-shoot, and not too bad with an always-squirmy kid!




Thanks to all who reached out and sent some love my way for my birthday!  It was nice, and I appreciate the thoughts, flowers, gifts, hug and encouragements!  

1 comment:

  1. I loved the pics of Ellie hanging from the tree,of Symba smelling the flowers, and the up-close of EJ....so cute!

    ReplyDelete